Wednesday, April 10, 2013

How Goes the Battle? / Tessa Hulls


Tessa Hull's latest show, How Goes the Battle?, is driven by a rough breakup and attempts to, "...lay down arms and make peace with helplessness, and to rebuild a strong foundation from the wreckage of a broken trust." I tend to have a soft spot for art that was created by the processing of pain. Let's face it, personal suffering has created lots of great art for the world to love. And I think the vulnerability in showing our private pain is a beautiful act. 


"As equal parts visual artist and writer, my work draws heavily from text, and each piece in this show is paired with a corresponding poem by Kay Ryan. I will also be debuting a new comic book that I wrote as my artist statement. It includes, but is not limited to: Winston Churchill, graphs of abstract concepts, heartbreak, convergent evolution/homoplasy, paleotology, and The Great Gatsby." - Tessa Hulls

How Goes the Battle? by Tessa Hulls
Opens Thursday, April 11th at Joe Bar (810 E Roy)
Opening reception 6-9pm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sρrint Nехtel Coгp pгovіdeѕ a range of serviсes application development аnd maintenance, testing, repair and maintenancе buѕiness prоvіdes
a great oѵervieω and indicаtion of the production and гelease of a film.


mу homepagе internet marketing strategy

Anonymous said...

After I originally commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify
me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I recieve four emails with the same
comment. Is there an easy method you are able to remove me from that service?
Many thanks!

my weblog; Участник:VernaBIA - википедия КГПА

Anonymous said...

Greate post. Keep posting such kind of info on your site.
Im really impressed by your blog.
Hey there, You have performed a fantastic job.
I'll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this web site.

my web site :: bankruptcy laws in florida

Anonymous said...

I got this web page from my buddy who informed me concerning this site
and now this time I am browsing this web page and reading very informative
content at this place.

My blog; bankruptcy florida