Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Rainbow / Michael Jones McKean

The Rainbow* by Michael Jones McKean

It's true that I'm a sucker for rainbows! My all-time favorite is Ugo Rondinone's HELL, YES! This morning, my buddy Roy Powell sent me over this awesome new art that is an actual human-made rainbow above the Bemis Center.
"Michael Jones McKean's The Rainbow: Certain Principles of Light and Shapes Between Forms creates a simple, but phenomenal visual event – a rainbow in the sky. The public artwork will produce temporary rainbows above the Bemis Center using the most elemental materials: sunlight and rainwater."
I thought floating clouds in a gallery were cool but this is even better! And if you want to see you own rainbow-related show here in Seattle, get to Greg Kucera Gallery by June 2nd for the group show, Under the Rainbow.

No comments: