Friday, May 11, 2012

Last chance for April/May LxWxH

the first boxes being assembled!

It's no secret that Sharon Arnold's LxWxH is one of my favorite curatorial projects going on in Seattle. I was lucky enough to participate in the inaugural box with my dear friends Susanna Bluhm and Amanda Manitach. These boxes aren't around forever though and if you want the March/April issue, you only have until June 8th to purchase one!

art by Susanna Bluhm

Susanna and I swapped drawings and I just love the one I got. I also got the July 2011 issue (with Amanda and Derrick). In fact, there's not an issue I wouldn't want, that's what makes the annual subscription such an awesome idea!
"Given the intimacy of the subscription box, Susanna Bluhm and Joey Veltkamp are ideal artists to include in the inaugural issue, since the subervting and recontextualizing of intimate, everyday surroundings serves as a backbone to much of their practice. Both have a penchant for turning the thing in plain sight into something embroidered with visual double entendres, turning the everyday landscape or still life diorama into a personal codex interlaced with meaning." - excerpt from Amanda Manitach's essay

Joey (Bear), 2011 by Joey Veltkamp

You can check out 2011's back issues here. Get 'em before they're gone!

No comments: