Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My favorite things on the hill

Rainbow Gay-bies at Cupcake Royale

I've been more than a bit rainbow obsessed lately so of course I love to see Cupcake Royale's case lit up with these cute little rainbow babycakes. The Rainbow Gay-bies made their debut at my 40th bday party last month so you might have already had one. Right now, they're only in the case every once in a while but you can always special order them.

John Sundstrom, one of my favorite chefs, is starting work on a Lark cookbook! He's launched a Kickstarter campaign over here.The video is shot by Rodrigo Valenzuela. I had my very first art show at Lark and they'll always have a special place in my heart.

Ecologic cardboard vase by NUBE Green

For the past 2 years, I've gotten to play Santa Claus for the fine folks at NUBE Green. It's always a blast, especially with Sol Hashemi shooting the pics. For the rest of the week, they're having a half off sale on all Ecologic cardboard products which means this vase is only $15.

Salt at SugarPill

These aren't brand new but I'm kind of obsessed with them right now. I grew up on Morton's salt, so I thought I was fancy when I upgraded to Trader Joe's Pink Himalyan Sea Salt. Then I tried Karyn's salts at SugarPill... OMG! I had no idea there could be such variance. She has them all out to sample and I should probably get my blood pressure checked soon because I'm sure my salt intake has doubled since discovering the new flavors.

Linda on the cover of this month's City Arts
photo by Steve Korn

I don't think I have spent more of my dollars anywhere else than I have at establishments owned by Linda Derschang. (Well, maybe Utrecht.) It's really great to see her and Jack on the cover of this month's City Arts Magazine, along with a story by Rachel Gallagher inside.

No comments: