Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Julie Alexander

Third Lip, 2011 by Julie Alexander, Oil on Canvas, 24x24"
image via artist
I woke up today thinking about the wonderful paintings of Julie Alexander. I feel like so much is happening in them, much of it hidden. 

Kick Me, 2011, by Julie Alexander, Oil on Canvas, 24x24"
image via artist
She has a show opening next month at Gallery I | M | A and will also be doing a Jentel Residency later this spring. 

Tridia, 2010, by Julie Alexander, Oil on Canvas, 24x24"
image via artist
Don't miss her works on paper either!

3 comments:

Jen Graves said...

I think I woke up today WITH Julie Alexander, at art klatch. It is a pleasure to see these here. Thank you!

Joey_Veltkamp said...

The only thing better than a Julie Alexander painting is Julie herself!

harold hollingsworth said...

wonderful works, wish I could pop over for a visit and see in person!