Monday, January 23, 2012

Jeremy Mangan

Dancefloor, 2011, by Jeremy Mangan
acrylic on panel, 18" x 24" (image via artist)
I've always really enjoyed Jeremy Mangan's work but I guess I haven't checked his website in a while because he's got all this new work up that I'm just loving.

Bonfire, 2010, by Jeremy Mangan
acrylic on panel, 12" x 16", (image via artist)
They still retain their Americana charm, but he's introduced more mystery/weirdness. I can't quit looking at them.

Notorious, 2010, by Jeremy Mangan
acrylic on canvas, 8" x 10" (image via artist)
He's included in Tacoma Art Museum's 10th Northwest Biennial that just opened up. I'm not sure which pieces are in the show. You can also check him out in the most recent Pacific Coast edition of New American Paintings. He'll also have a show at Linda Hodges this September November.

Moon Lantern (The End of the Beginning), 2010, by Jeremy Mangan
acrylic on panel, 9" x 12" (image via artist)

No comments: