Tuesday, December 27, 2011

contributor for DRIFT

Percept II, 2010 by Nif Hodgson
Multiple-plate etching, image via
I have a short little attention span but you probably already knew that. It manifests in my blog post lengths, in my artistic practice, and definitely in my personal life (I'm infamous for only scheduling my life in 2 hour blocks...). I've really loved all the different places I've written for during the past couple of years but I'd always have trouble with the pace and maintaining interest. The beauty of a personal blog is that you can write about whatever you want. But it turns out that most magazines/other blogs actually prefer to choose their own content and once the writing turns into an assignment, that's the moment I lose passion. I just like to write about what I love; that's always been the point of the blog. 

In 2012, I'll be doing a series of artist interviews for DRIFT, a magazine started by collaborators E. Maude Haak-Frendscho and Sean Collins. It's been around for a year now, documenting "...the site of intersection between various modes of artistic and cultural production and the geographic and social landscape of the American west coast." It's a great publication and you can always read back-issues online. As I've said before, the interviews have always been my favorite part of the blog and the schedule (quarterly) is perfect. Plus, for the first one (coming out in late January, I believe), they'll be reprinting a previous interview. It should be lots of fun and I'm really happy to be revisiting the interview series with such a great group of folks.

2 comments:

harold hollingsworth said...

Congrats, I look forward to reading your articles Joey!

Maude said...

Thanks! Looking forward to a great year!