Monday, November 21, 2011

Siolo Thompson / Portrait-a-day

by Siolo Thompson
image via artist

It's really easy to hate on Facebook but then I run across something unexpected and remember that it can be a great tool for discovering things that I might have missed otherwise.

by Siolo Thompson
image via artist

Case in point, artist Siolo Thompson's wonderful Portrait-a-day series. I love (and totally respect) her pragmatic approach.
I am a relentless autodidact and this exercise is an effort to teach myself how to capture a likeness and mood using very few lines. - Siolo Thompson

by Siolo Thompson
image via artist

I love the tree-antler additions. She sweetly explains why she only uses friends as models.
"Each of the people in this gallery have made me feel less alone in the world and I am grateful for that."

by Siolo Thompson
image via artist

You can see more of her work here.

No comments: