Monday, October 31, 2011

Gus Harper in The Muppets

The Muppets screen capture

So last night, I'm just hanging out and getting caught up on my bad tv (I had to fess up since it's on my screen capture) when an ad for the new Muppet movie, The Muppets, came on. And then all of a sudden I'm distracted by the huge Gus Harper painting hanging on the wall behind them!

Gus is a great artist living in LA who makes art on his terms. He was the second of my artist interviews (I can't believe it was just over 3 years ago). I checked in with him to confirm that it was really his art. It is, and he mentioned that he also has a piece in Zooey Deschanel's new tv show and he'll have some art (including one of his awesome deer skulls) in the upcoming Dallas remake. I wanted to hear more but he had to keep it brief because he's in El Salvador surfing. The life of an artist...

No comments: