Sunday, October 2, 2011

Eric Olson / Gallery I|M|A


My Daydream 1 (detail), 2011 by Eric Olson

I'm loving this punched-up, day-glo palette in Eric Olson's recent work. The color combinations make his dots seem to pulse, adding a movement to the work.
The focus of my work is the concept that throughout our lives we are trying to build and maintain a sense of structure on which we hang our own meaning, a structure we need to make sense of the world around us, to help us feel that we have some control. We do this amidst an ever changing environment and a constant barrage of random influences that keep us continually editing and rebuilding parts of this structure. - Eric Olson
Daydream 1, 2011 by Eric Olson

Eric has an upcoming show at Gallery I|M|A with an opening reception this Thursday.

No comments: