Wednesday, September 21, 2011

PUNCH Gallery / Winner Takes All

Bear by Justin Gibbens

One of the most surprising things I've learned from being a member of SOIL this past year is just how much work it takes to keep a gallery running. I can't even begin to imagine how much extra work it would be to run a gallery in one city but live in another. And yet, somehow PUNCH Gallery (whose core membership lives outside of Seattle), has been successfully doing it for the past 5+ years.

by Curtis Erlinger

I'm surprised that I haven't blogged about their annual fundraiser, Winner Takes All, yet. (Most likely, I blocked it due to not winning last year when I had erroneously convinced myself I had the winning ticket.) You can see the whole show online. I, of course, am in love with Justin Gibbens' bear. And I really love this series from Curtis Erlinger. And Bill Finger's unsettling photographs of dioramas are always great. The winner is getting an especially great haul this year.

by Bill Finger

Each $10 donation you make gets you an entry to win the entire show. Increase your chances by purchasing several entries (up to 500 chances will be sold) while supporting one of Seattle's most beloved galleries.

No comments: