Friday, September 9, 2011

Brian Forrest / Seattle AsiaTown

Redmond WA Uniguard Park Trees by Brian Forrest
Oil on canvas, 30" x 20"

I love these paintings by Brian Forrest. I've only seen them online but I'll bet they're gorgeous in person.

Bel Red Painting - Business Park by Brian Forrest
20" x 30", oil on canvas

You can check out a ton of his paintings at Flickr or on his blog.

Bel Red Painting - Tracktor Trailer, 2011 by Brian Forrest
22" x 28" - Oil on canvas panel

His show Seattle AsiaTown opens up next Thursday.
"Seattle’s International District (a.k.a. Chinatown) is an excellent subject for painting with its vibrant color and energy. This part of town holds many cherished memories for me. As a child, my parents brought me here to do their shopping and to dine in its delicious restaurants. This is my tribute to Seattle AsiaTown’s beauty and mystery."
Detail by Brian Forrest

Seattle AsiaTown by Brian Forrest
Thursday, September 15, 6-9pm
Belltown Lofts Gallery, 66 Bell
(corner of Western & Bell)

Curator: Megan Woodward
206-919-1360 |
Viewing by appointment only

No comments: