Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blankets

Blanket 21 (BWRY)
Colored pencils, 9" x 12"


A few folks mentioned that they didn't see my work last night at NEPO House. Turns out they did see it--they just didn't know it was mine. I was upstairs with Robert Yoder, Klara Glosova, Tony Sonneberg and more.


Blanket 3 (comforter 1), 2011
Colored pencils, 9" x 12"


A few weeks back, I got obsessed with drawing blankets. I think they're the next branch of my diary drawings; another way to document my personal life without being overly revealing. What's more intimate than something you sleep with? Plus, they look like piles of rainbows.

Blanket 17 (Mexican 1)
Colored pencils, 9" x 12"


I had ten of these new drawings hanging upstairs. You can see the rest of the series here. I'd love to end up with about a hundred of them.

Thanks so much to Klara + Team and all the artists, volunteers, and participants (and gracious neighbors) who made this happen. What a night! See pics from the walk over at Molo's blog.

No comments: