Monday, August 22, 2011

Deborah Scott

Consumption of Innocence, 2011 by Deborah Scott
Oil and Mixed Media on Canvas,
60"H x 36"W
image via artist

I just love these paintings by Deborah Scott. Consumption of Innocence is great; little red riding hood with her Target bag looks like a modernized pulp fiction cover.
"My work is a mash-up of classically styled figurative painting and contemporary iconography. My narratives are based on biography, tarot, mythology and fairytale. Iconic brands and contemporary imagery support the narrative in my work."
Temperance, 2011 by Deborah Scott
Oil and Mixed media on canvas,
60"H x 36"W
image via artist

Deborah's work was selected as the "First Place Figure" by SAM Director Derrick Cartwright at last year's Best of Gage. I can certainly see why.

No comments: