Friday, July 22, 2011

Amanda Manitach / Mad Homes

photo by Amanda Manitach

I finally got to swing by Mad Homes today when they were open (now through Aug 7). I just might be the very last person in Seattle to write about this so I don't really have much to add. I had a surprise favorite in Amanda Manitach's installation of 4 projectors which flash random words from 19th century texts onto a blank wall. There was something hypnotic about being in this room. Which makes perfect sense since one of Amanda's goals was, "tampering with rhythmic time, duration...[to create] states of reverie." For me, the surprise came from how different this piece is from all of the others; where most focused on physical space, Amanda continues to explore the fertile ground of mental/emotional space.

No comments: