Sunday, June 5, 2011

Set the Table for SAM

The Olympics (image via)

I had a such a fun time last year at Seattle Art Museum's Set The Table for SAM so I was really happy when they invited me back to do another table for this year's fundraiser. SAM sets up a series of tables along the Z-path at the sculpture park and guests dine on food cooked by local chefs while enjoying the amazing view provided by Elliott Bay and the Olympic Mountains. Certain tables are designed by local artists (some of this year's 18 participating artists are Vic Haven, Chauney Peck & Chris Engman, Joe Park, Alfred Harris, Leo Berk & Claude Zervas, Claire Cowie, Troy Gua, Tamara Codor & Sterling, and myself). My table inspiration will be coming from the spectacular mountains Seattle is surrounded by. They're just exceptionally amazing this year! (I'm looking at you, Rainier!)

Then after drinks and dinner, Party in the Park starts up at 8pm with artist-designed experiences, and live music by Hey Marseilles and DJs.

If you want to attend for the whole evening (dinner), seats are $250 (everything included). Party in the Park advance tickets are $75 and $100 at the door - if they're not sold out. I highly recommend this - the parts I can remember from last year were really fun!

Speaking of SAM, today is the last day for the Nick Cave exhibition, Meet Me at the Center of the Earth.

No comments: