Monday, May 16, 2011

Gallery (206) is coming...


Photographer Todd Jannausch has been working very hard on cleaning up/restoring an old phone booth for the past several months. Now that he's got it all shiny and new, he's going to fill it up with art to create another one of his mini-galleries (Todd is also responsible for Gallery 40, as in 40 square feet of space).

Todd wanted to create a document that captured a slice of Seattle's art from one particular moment. 18 artists were given plexi-glass panels to make original art on. In addition, there will be an audio piece and Troy Gua is making a piece for the ceiling. Inside the booth, there will be a phone book with artwork by 206 Seattle artists.

panel detail

I've been thinking about loss lately. I'm not much of a naturalist but I do miss encounters with wildlife. It's still thrilling to see an eagle in the city. The last time I saw a raccoon in my neighborhood, I whipped out my camera to take a video. So for my Gallery (206) panels, I wanted to reintroduce animals into the city.

Gallery (206) will be placed in Occidental Park starting May 31st 2011.

1 comment:

harold hollingsworth said...

looking forward to seeing this and all the artists work