Friday, April 15, 2011

Cherry BLOSSOM / Henry Art Gallery


image via

I don't really have regrets (though as I get older, I get closer to having a few), but if I could back and do things over I wouldn't have waited 12 years before I made it to the UW to see the cherry blossoms in bloom. It's other-worldly! If you are waiting for a formal invitation, the Henry's Cherry BLOSSOM is probably as close as your going to get.

In conjunction with their show, Shadows of a Fleeting World: Pictorial Photography and Seattle Camera Club, the Henry has created an afternoon of tours, photography, cherry blossoms and poetry!

Events are happening between 1 and 4pm Saturday, April 23 and here are more details. Free with museum entrance.

image by Gretchen Bennett

My favorite thing is when they snow down on you!

5 comments:

harold hollingsworth said...

lovely time of the year, despite all

harold hollingsworth said...

the cold...

Joey_Veltkamp said...

Yeah, totally lovely! Hope you're well! I just didn't see near enough of you in 2010!

mhg said...

Joey, I love the photo of you immersed in blossoms. I keep coming back to it!

Joey Veltkamp said...

Marie - there's a beautiful scene in Edward Scissorhands (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9AT_JJQ74w) where he's carving a snow angel and Winona Ryder stands under it as the "snow" falls all around her. It's always been one of my favorite scenes. When I used to live on 17th (stumbling distance from my favorite bar known for their strong drinks), I'd love coming home after a night of debauchery and I'd stand under the trees and shake them and twirl around like Winona. (OMG - I'm sooo gay to publicly admit this!) Fewer things in this entire world make happier than standing under a shower of blossoms.