Monday, February 7, 2011

Life Drawing

Anatomy of a Male Nude by da Vinci

If practice makes perfect that might explain why I can't draw the human form. The one time I attended a life-drawing class, I was so humbled that I left half-way through. Life drawing classes remain on my to-do list and with all the opportunities that Seattle has, it shouldn't be too hard to cross off in 2011.

Drawer extraordinaire Jed Dunkerley hosts a couple of monthly drawing nights at Canoe Social Club. Jed gets a little creative and will bring in some interesting models. Tonight beginning at 7pm, schedule here. $5 for members ($10 for guests).

Grego Rachko leads male model drawing sessions down at 619 Western on Wednesdays from 6-9pm. $15 per session.

Gage has all sorts of drop-in studio visits hours for $12 a session. Full schedule here.

If none of those work for you, there are multiple events every night. Check out for listings.

No comments: