Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Guide To Visitors: Stories on Stage

I've been wanting to go to one of these forever. A Guide To Visitors: Stories on Stage is real people telling their actual stories. Every other month, 6 people (non-actors) go on stage to present 1st-person stories.
"We've all got great stories to tell. And often, we can't stop ourselves from telling them. We announce them to each over over a few drinks. We divulge them on first dates. We whisper them over the phone." via
I might have a couple of great stories but I'm a horrible story-teller. They're almost always only interesting to myself so I'm especially impressed by anyone who retain an audience's attention to tell a 15 minute story!

If it sounds interesting, All's Fair in Love and War is the theme for this Tuesday's show. Doors open at 7pm for the 8pm show and tickets are $8 advance ($10 at the door).

1 comment:

MintyJ said...

Joey! I just saw this. Thanks so much for posting, and for God's sake, come to the next show! You don't have to tell a story (although I'd love it if you did). It's April 5th and the theme is "Faking It". It was really great to meet you at Kurt's book party thinger.