Thursday, February 3, 2011

1st Thursday

Black Fen #5, 2011 by Cris Bruch, Ink on paper, 49 x 38 inches
Blind, Fresets & Black Fens by Cris Bruch
opening tonight at Lawrimore Project

It's First Thursday and for the first time in a year, I'll actually be able to spend more than ten minutes in a gallery. I'm breaking myself in slowly tonight though and mostly just going to hang out with the SOIL gang and our related openings.

Also, since a few folks have asked... Yes, City Arts will be bringing back their Art Walk Awards & After Parties - with more free beer and prize money. Most likely they'll stick to the quarterly parties and hopefully we'll see a citywide focus for the second year. I won't be hosting them but they were lots of fun and I was happy to get to participate. This is also the first time in well over a year that I didn't post a 1st Thursday highlights. Honestly, the idea of a completely commitment-free 1st Thursday sounded delightful, so I jumped at the chance. You'll probably see it back on my blog next month.

In the meantime, Lauren Lynch posted a few highlights over at CAB.

No comments: