Sunday, January 16, 2011

UNPUNISHED / Sue Scott Gallery

UNPUNISHED by Nayland Blake

2011 has already been great but it got even better when one of my favorite artists invited me to send him a couple of drawings for a project he's working on.

Wear the sun in your heart, 2011 by Joey Veltkamp

UNPUNISHED is going to be a queer 'zine put together by Nayland Blake at Sue Scott Gallery's KABINETT. The tone is meant to be celebratory ("unfettered exuberance"). My first drawing continues my exploration of Grizzly Adams. The intro song for the tv show, Maybe by Thom Pace, had a working title of "Wear the sun in your heart." - I just thought that was painfully sincere (and of course, loved it). The second drawing is of me in bear costume, which I'm sure is the direct result of my early love for this show. A kind of then and now.

Joey (Bear), 2011 by Joey Veltkamp

If you're in New York, check it out. It opens up January 20th. Details here.

No comments: