Saturday, January 8, 2011

Seminar on Censorship / Henry Art Gallery


video still from A Fire in My Belly by David Wojnarowicz

I'm sure you've already heard about tomorrow's Seminar on Censorship at Henry Art Gallery. This will be an informal community conversation and topics will most likely include artistic censorship, reemergence of the culture wars and the politicization of art. They have gathered a fantastic panel which includes the directors from SAM, TAM, the Henry and the Frye.

I think this will be a fascinating and lively conversation. The event is open to the public and runs from 2-4. More info here. Also, please be aware that there will be lots of construction happening outside the museum so plan your trip accordingly.

And on a lighter note, if you don't feel like getting all political on a Sunday, swing by Season to see Philip Miner's amazing new work. I'd sure be there if this discussion topic wasn't so important to me personally.

No comments: