Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

black-eyed peas

I'm not very superstitious: I walk under ladders, I don't get nervous if a black cat crosses my path and I've broken a few mirrors in my day. But the one thing I can't quit is trying to remember to say "rabbit, rabbit, rabbit" at the start of each month. This British custom is supposed to bring a month of luck for anyone who says it first thing out of their mouth. I'm happy to report that 2011 is off to an auspicious start because for the 1st time ever I remembered to say it at the beginning of a new year which means I'll have a whole year of good luck.

And to guarantee my financial success in the coming year, I'm heading over to a friend's for black-eyed peas and greens--the traditional new year meal of prosperity!

Happy new year, everyone!


Mmmm...doesn't that look good? Thanks Jenifer for all the fun and yumminess!


Terry Peart said...

Especially auspicious, since this IS the Year of the Rabbit!

Joey Veltkamp said...

Well that is especially auspicious!! :)