Friday, November 26, 2010

Groups vs. 1:1

collaboration with Susanna Bluhm

I have transitioned into full-on hermit mode. The idea of a group anything sounds overwhelming* lately and so I've been spending lots of time in the studio delicately avoiding people.

Instead of group activities, I've been focusing on 1:1 time with people and it's been a real nice. It seems like I just hardly ever get to interact with folks one on one and I've just loved the conversations I've been having lately with other friends and artists.

Today was especially nice; I got to spend a four hour block working with Susanna Bluhm. We're working on a video for a SOIL show early next year that she and Amanda Manitach are curating called Bloom & Collapse. It will be an interesting show, full of pairs of artists collaborating around the ideas of growth and decay and its variants.

*except our annual Turkey Bowl tomorrow - I can't wait for that!!

3 comments: said...

This is so exciting!

Joey Veltkamp said...

It's been really fun. I'm super excited to work on it some more. I think the show is gonna be awesome. Such interesting/great pairs.

gala bent said...

can't wait to see it!