I took an old friend up on an offer to get of town this past weekend. We cruised down to Seaside and I had the best trip. Using Bond Huberman's "Illuminating Things" as a loose template, here are my highlights.
- I am such a hillbilly so it's nice to remember that there is life off the hill. (Yes, most of you already realize this.)
- Apparently, I can go 24 hours without drinking a Pabst.
- As ADD as I am, I was happily surprised to find out that I can quietly sit on a beach for hours watching the fog roll in and out.
- If you get caught beneath hundreds of flying seagulls, push Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds out of your head and just enjoy the moment. It can be magical.
- I won't get in Lake Washington if the weather is below 75 degrees. The ocean, however, feels fantastic - even when it's only in the 60s.
- It would be a better world if everyone was told that they are too hunky for their own good at least once a month. :)
Good news - I believe I'll have a computer back tonight and will resume regular blogging. Thanks for your patience. xo