Sunday, September 5, 2010

Art! / Bumbershoot


I know I'm a little bit late on this but you still have today and tomorrow to run down and check out all the amazing art at Bumbershoot. I want to give Chris Weber a huge shout-out for all his amazing work on this project. There's not a bad show in the entire line-up.


I got to spend a couple of hours watching folks interact with Sounds Human (curated by Lele Barnett and Kathy Lindenmayer). There are some really cool pieces - a couple of them are even interactive. The graffiti room (curated NKO) blew my mind. It's really cool to graffito installations indoors. And I loved the Larry Reid's show about the history of comics. I saw some seminal artwork.



I had the best time at Ryan Molenkamp's The Portrait Challenge. It made me so happy to see everyone drawing. The best ones were done by the folks who claimed, "I can't draw!". It's such a democratic process and really illustrates that everyone is an artist!

No comments: