Sunday, August 1, 2010

Wall Project

mural by Baso Fibonacci / photo via

The Sound Transit Wall Project is officially underway. Artist Baso Fibonacci started working on his 135 foot mural at 10th & John. I can't wait to see this completed. I believe that Gretchen Bennett's super awesome graphite drawings (channelling Sir Mix-A-Lot via Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Antony Hegarty) will get wheat-pasted this week.


Still Life (Broadway)

And I'm all done with my 16 feet of still life of objects that remind me Broadway and Capitol Hill. The panels should get installed this week near Broadway and Denny. And I know that Claudia Fitch is busy getting her huge drawings ready for the wall on John Street. This whole project is going to be a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Eeeee.....I cannot wait to see all of these installed! What an incredible opportunity (and an incredible gift to the community!).

xo

Joey Veltkamp said...

I know - I'm so excited to see them all up. Yippee!