Monday, August 30, 2010

Neutral Uke Hotel / The Sunset Tavern



I can think of few albums that I've listened to more times than Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. In fact, only recently has it left its permanent slot in my car's cd player. At various times, I think each song on that album has been my favorite song (yes, even King of Carrot Flowers Parts 1 & 2). I think a lot of you feel the same way. It was Pitchfork's #4 album of the 1990s.

This album was so good that even Paris Hilton liked it!

Well, another one of my favorite things are cover songs and mash-ups. Tomorrow night, Neutral Uke Hotel will performing In the Aeroplane in the Sea live at the Sunset Tavern. And oh yeah, as you might have guessed, they'll be playing it on ukuleles. This is so tempting - even for a grandpa like me!

No comments: