Sunday, May 9, 2010

Eli Hansen Finissage


Eli Hansen + Scott Lawrimore

If you weren't one of the 50'ish folks at Lawrimore Project yesterday, you missed a great talk/finissage/brunch. Eli and Scott walked us through the ideas behind We Used To Get So High. Much has already been said about this show.


Afterwards, we gathered outside for grilled hot dogs, bloody Marys and Rainiers. The talk was great, the weather was perfect - it was a real nice send off for an amazing show.


As I was drinking a Rainier, I noticed an old-timey Rainier can beside it. I don't know if someone brought it or just found it, but the juxtaposition of the old and the new cans seemed to be the perfect statement about the show.

Related: NYT Magazine wrote a piece about Caleb Larsen's A Tool to Deceive and Slaughter.

1 comment:

Lucas Deon Spivey said...

I really enjoyed the show at Lawrimore, a pity I couldn't stay for a lunch on a such a nice day. I was thrilled that an artist was tackling drugs. I enjoy Jack Dawes for the same reason.

But the artist talk was not even a talk really, it was cryptic and just confused the work. And I didn't even get a hotdog - kosher too.