Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Elliot Bay Book Company / Capitol Hill

photo via zenobia_joy

What a difference a year makes. The dramatic transformation of 10th Avenue between Pike and Pine has been amazing to watch. Molly Moon alone brought all the boys - and girls and children and hipsters - to her yard for milkshakes and waffle cones. And then the tasty Rancho Bravo opened up in the old KFC. A little over a year ago, Linda opened up Oddfellows Cafe (and gave us pork fritters!). I'm not exactly sure of the timeline, but at some point The Century Ballroom reopened, along with Tin Table. Henri and Flora also relocated to the Oddfellows Building, along with corner tenant NUBE Green.

Today there will be a block party from 4-7pm to celebrate the recent addition of Everyday Music and The Elliot Bay Book Company. I know the move of Elliot Bay is a huge loss for Pioneer Square. I loved that old building. But wait until you see this new location. It was hard to breathe yesterday because of the overpowering smell of wood. It's everywhere. And it's much more open than their previous location. They've really created a wonderful space that already feels historic.

1 comment:

joancasilo said...

I have gone through this blog. I found it very interesting and helpful. Nowadays I am working from my home and studying in a reputed college.
So this blog really doing great for me.

work and study