Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thanks for the memories


Artists Gretchen Bennett, Jeffry Mitchell, Will Owen

After a really great run, my residency at Seattle University is winding down. I can't imagine how I could have had more fun or enjoyed it more. Well, actually, I do wish that the students would have been a little more interested but I think that's an age old problem. Perhaps I should have been a little more Chris Burden-y.

Matthew Offenbacher, Franc Guerrero

I had so much fun and learned so much from everyone who stopped by to visit. Hands down, my favorite things were the Artist Salons. It really showed that no matter what your ability, talents, or interests, folks really like to gather and be creative. I just wanted to take a moment to thank all the artists and attendees - it really felt like something special.
Sol Hashemi, me, Jason Hirata

Thanks to everyone in Seattle University's Fine Art Department, Chair Josef Venker, Ops Manager Steve Galatro and Admin Katie Manteca. Tons of thanks to Gretchen Bennett for all her support, guidance and coffee breaks at Stumptown.

Last but certainly not least, I want to give a huge THANK YOU to Francisco Guerrero - his passion and enthusiasm for art and people is what made this happen.

Related: Article in the Seattle University Spectator.

4 comments:

erin said...

thanks for creating the atmosphere! it was awesome!

gala bent said...

this seems like it was an amazing experience... and you made it your own in the loveliest way. on the student front, i remember often that 18-21 (the age of most college students) is a time that peers and self-identity are still more important than other concerns. an identity is being established outside the family for the first time, often. and that takes a lot of focus :) when i think back to my experience, that was totally the vibe. though, i have to admit that i was a complete art nerd and did everything offered!

gala bent said...

oops-- my teacher-skin is showing.

Joey_Veltkamp said...

@gala - wish you would have been attending SU! The world could use more art nerds!!