Sunday, March 21, 2010

My new Sunday ritual!



I was born in the 1970s and really never got enough of that great decade. I've always felt like I got shortchanged. Over the years, I've been purchasing dvds that takes me back to my childhood. Boxed sets of cartoons like The Amazing Superfriends, Spiderman, Dungeons and Dragons, School House Rocks and many more. I love to watch them on Saturdays and eat cereal and just be nostalgic.

This morning I made my favorite new discovery in a while. While flipping through radio stations, I found out that KJR reruns Casey Kasem's Top 40 countdowns from the 70s - long distance dedications and all. Say what?!! I'm in heaven.

"Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars."

2 comments:

Phil said...

Did you know Kasem voiced a lot of cartoons characters in the 70s including Robin from the Superfriends you mentioned. And of course Shaggy.

Thats great about his reruns. I'd tune in but i'm sure I hear a lot of those songs on a regular basis anyway.

Joey Veltkamp said...

Yeah, it's always so weird hearing Robin talk Casey Kasem.