Friday, January 22, 2010

New exhibitions at Frye Museum


Tim Rollins and K.O.S. Amerika I (after Franz Kafka), 1984-1985.
mixed media on canvas, 71 ½ x 177 in, The JPMorgan Chase Art Collection.

The Frye will be opening up some new exhibitions tomorrow. These shows will be much different than the two shows (The Puppet Show and The Old, Weird America) that dominated the Frye for most of last year. I loved those and spent lots of time there but I'm ready for something a lit less polished. So I was thrilled to hear about Tim Rollins and K.O.S: A History and The Seattle Project: I Wish I Knew Who I Was Before I Was Me, Public Belongings, The Center School Connection.

There will be a member reception tonight.

Tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 23), curator Ian Berry will be giving a lecture called, Tim Rollins and K.O.S.: A History - free and open to the public.


1 comment:

Lucas Deon Spivey said...

Terrific show. Needs as much coverage as possible - there are too many events and relationships happening in that exhibit.