Friday, January 8, 2010

In-city getaway


image via evil robot 6

To celebrate my birthday (Jan 6), I decided to cash in some trade and stay at the Sorrento this weekend. One of my favorite things is to stay in hotels in the city you live in. I'm going to turn it into a in-city escape. Leaving the car at home and taking taxis or that cool Sorrento car that drives guests around. My only concrete plans are a happy hour and dinner at Cafe Campagne tomorrow. I'm going to enjoy spending time with Claudia's drawings in the Fireside room, attend Gretchen's and Yuki's talks tomorrow and lay in bed drinking bourbon and watching bad tv. Sounds so nice!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy belated birthday! I agree, there can be nothing better than a real vacation in your own city. Hope you had a fantastic time!