Thursday, December 17, 2009

studio group


image via Amanda Manitach

Have ever I mentioned the awesome studio group I belong to? Organized by Susanna Bluhm, it also has Anna Callahan, Troy Gua, Ryan Molenkamp, Margie Livingston, Sharon Arnold, Etsuko Ichikawa, Thom Heileson, Laura Ward, Saya Moriyasu, Amanda Manitach, Damon Mori, and myself. It's quite a wide array of amazing artists that gather once a month to talk about the host's art. Last night, we went over to Amanda's to hear about hysteria - a subject that plays heavily into her wonderful art. I'm a big fan of her work - I especially love her lines.

It's just so great to get to meet with a group of supportive artists to talk out ideas, get feedback or anything else we might need. If you're not already doing it, I highly recommend starting or joining a studio group.

3 comments:

Molo said...

Agreed! Her lines are delicious!

Amanda said...

Love the studio group (thanks, Susanna!). Also, thanks for the kind remarks, both of you! ;-]

Susanna said...

i love our studio group, too! such a great evening at Amanda's. xox s