Sunday, November 1, 2009

Text/Context Launch Party


We arrive.

I'm real excited to be a part of the Sorrento Hotel's 12 Books project. Basically, this will turn the hotel into a mini-bookstore where guests can order up books like room service. Each quarter, they'll roll out a dozen new titles.

The books will have a Northwest focus and the "...content of the selections will touch on hotels, public/private space, and authors that collaborate with the Sorrento to host readings, symposiums, and various literary happenings." My book is a mini graphic novel based on photographs by Chase Jarvis. It captures some of my favorite moments from Songs for Eating and Drinking (Vol 3). It's being published by Matthew Stadler, along with John Roderick's book.

The Bard of Seattle performs.

Some of the first books include Lesley Hazleton's "After the Prophet", Jesse Sheidlower's "The F-Word", Maurice Sendak's "Where the Wild Things Are" and more.

The launch party is November 12 at 7pm in the Fireside Room. I think a few of the writers will be there sign copies, including myself.

1 comment:

Virginia Broersma said...

What a great idea! Wish I lived in the area to check it out.