Friday, October 30, 2009

Joey Veltkamp blogs his way into your art.

Photo by Mike Wilkes for City Arts

The good folks at City Arts were kind enough to include me in their November 2009 issue. The feature is all about the interviews from the blog. Writer Bond Huberman spent a lot of time culling the interviews to find some really great quotes from some of my favorite artists. There's also a great article about Rachel Flotard. Michael Hebb talks about his tattoo, Robin Held selects this month's The Curator's Eye and Sharon Arnold talks about blogging. The November issue should hit the streets any day now.

Updated 11/22 - read the article here.


Anonymous said...

Joey....This piece on you & what you are doing is terrific & well deserved. Since becoming more familiar with you (through the Cupcaker Royale show), I've been reading your blog every day & have become a real fan. I think what you are doing for art and artists is f**k**g brilliant. Congrats. Lina Raymond

Joey Veltkamp said...


Wow - thank you so much. I really appreciate hearing that. I think something really (REALLY!) great is happening in the Seattle art scene right now. Everyone's focus on community is so exciting to me.


harold hollingsworth said...

congrats Joey, look forward to picking up a copy and seeing all my friends!

Anonymous said...

From another Cupcake alum: great to see you're getting press! One of my pieces will be in the Nov. issue
for the last G110 show. Keep up the good work! --Eddy Radar