Friday, October 23, 2009

DISH the movie



The Seattle Gay & Film Festival is in full swing - full schedule here. I haven't seen any of the films yet but I plan to rectify that Sunday. There's already been tons of buzz around the short film called DISH. Since it's premiere at Slamdance, it's been on the film circuit picking up awards left and right!


I emailed writer/director Brian Harris Krinsky and asked him what separates DISH from the other films in the festival.
"I think DISH is a relevant film because it's what I call a "post-out" film. The film is not about questioning one's own sexuality but rather what to do with it. The queer Latino kids in DISH get to take for granted the same security that their straight counterparts always did when they spoke brashly and graphically about their sexual antics."
It's showing this Sunday as part of Homo Emo: Shorts Sun. Oct 25th 12pm Cinerama. More details here.

No comments: