Monday, August 3, 2009

Joseph Margate / Kurtwood Farms



Oh! Joseph flew into town this weekend to cook for Kurt's Sunday Dinner. That, in turn, triggered Wendy's imminent arrival which meant a tribe reunion! And tribe reunions always mean good food and lots of pink rosé!

Kurt's brie made on the farm.

One of the best things about farm dinners (and there are many things) is that all the ingredients are local. Like from right on the farm, including the honey, the butter, the cheese, the herbs, the vegetables, the meat -- everything but four items (things like pepper, flour, etc.). Last night, I tried pork cooked in its own blood. It's a bit adventurous for me, but I promised myself long ago that whatever Joseph cooks, I'll happily try it. He's never let me down yet.

Kurt and Holly, dear friends

Another great thing about the farm? It's got tons and tons of beautiful, golden light that just makes the place seem even more magical. It's the perfect place to spend a Sunday evening with some of your favorite people. More pics here.


me and Joseph (standing)

Thanks Joseph & Kurt (and Holly for coordinating).

No comments: