Wednesday, August 19, 2009


Henry Darger (image via)

I have been a recluse lately holed up in my apartment drawing for hours and hours. I've got a couple of things coming up and I'm having lots of fun working on them.

Henry Darger (image via)

I usually put something on while I draw and yesterday it was In the Realms of the Unreal about Henry Darger. I love his art and the movie. This quote is especially inspiring, "It is the best gift of all. The more you draw, the better you'll be able to draw. Do the best you can and draw everything you lay your hands on."


Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your blog. Thank you for taking the time to share your passions. I love your interviews too. Good luck with your new studio and show. Perhaps I'll come and say hi.
--Dave Budd

Joey Veltkamp said...

Aw, thanks so much Dave. I really appreciate the nice word!

Please do.