Thursday, July 30, 2009

Songs for Eating and Drinking



Last night I went to the third incarnation of Micheal Hebb & Chase Jarvis' Songs For Eating and Drinking. This one was held in the Sorrento Hotel's Penthouse Suite with a plated dinner. 

Members from the following bands all played one or two song sets: The Blakes, Throw me the Statue, John Roderick, Pica Beats, Eric Elbogen (Say Hi), David Bazan (Pedro the Lion), Sera Cahoone, Peter Holmström (Pete Int'l Airport/Dandy Warhols), Rocky Votolato, Dutchess and the Duke, Kevin Murphy (Moondoggies). Then we all shuffled outside (briefly stopping at the bar to rehydrate) to watch Mudhoney close the evening.  That's the only pic I have of the whole evening - it's snapped from my phone. The talented Chase Jarvis (and crew) took photos of the event last night. Based on his pictures, I'll be doing some drawings and maybe a booklet. 

There's something so inherently tender about the intimacy of these events that really moves me. The view of the pink from the setting sun was beautiful. The food was delicious and the music was amazing. 

Afterwards, it was still really hot (Seattle's hottest day...ever) so a group of us went nightswimming in Lake Washington. Felt so nice. I think it might have been the nicest evening I'll have all summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking as a random guest of the lovely "Sorrento" I had a wonderful evening and was pleasantly surprised, who knew first hill was such a sleepy, conservative neighborhood?? I'm quite sure you all will be OK sweety pies....