Monday, June 1, 2009


(de)construction: Tower Grouping by Matthew Olds, 66" x 96" (2009)
PLEASE click to enlarge!

I was walking by Fetherston Gallery last week and this painting stopped me dead in my tracks! If it's possible to have a crush on a painting (and I think it is), then this is my latest one.

It's part of a exhibit by husband/wife duo, Matthew Olds and Heather Joy. The show, LAND/STRUCTURE/IMPACT, is about our relationship with the environment. Matthew focuses on the deterioration of man-made structures, while Heather uses photography to document humans' attempt to control nature.

Blitz (the new Capitol Hill Artwalk) is June 11. Fetherston Gallery will be open from 5-8 pm and you can swing by to see it in person and say hello to the artists.

Read more about Matthew and Heather here.

No comments: