Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Boom Noodle Happy Hour


Cranberry-Kaze, ginger vodka, fresh lime, cointreau, cranberry

With money getting scarcer, it seems like folks sure enjoy a bargain lately.  I don't really shop for clothes so my bargains come in the form of happy hours.  boom noodle has a pretty good one.  They have a long list of specialty drinks for $6 each.  If you want to go cheaper, sake bombs are $3.50.  I did both.  The cranberry-kaze was pretty tasty.

Along with drink specials, they have a great list of food.  I've been a boom noodle fan since day one.  But if I ever heard a complaint, it was that some folks thought their noodles were too expensive.  If that was you, check out the happy hour.  Tokyo Ramen is only $7.  Tori Karaage is only $5.  You can have a great little meal or happy hour on the cheap.  Menu here.

Happy Hour:  4-6pm daily

Also:
I still think Licorous has just about perfected the concept.  A plate full of pretzel dots and terrines will only set you back $5 (both items are just a buck each).  The best thing?  Cocktail of the day is only $4!  The only thing I'd tweak (and this was my buddy Dave's idea) is to offer three different cocktails of the day.  The more choices, the merrier.  But you really can't go wrong with any of the drinks on that menu.  

No comments: