Friday, February 6, 2009

Thank you!



Aw! Thanks so much to all of you that packed into Fancy last night for cupcakes, beer and art! It was a really fun opening, with lots of our favorite people. Opening party pics.



Some folks asked where the show title came from. It's a lyric from an old Leon Russell song. It's very over the top schmaltzy (it's been covered by Cher, The Carpenters, Celine Dion, Joe Cocker, and Tuck & Patti to give you an idea). But Gretchen and I have a sentimental streak a mile wide and we both loved it and it just felt like a great title for the show.

I love you in a place where there's no space or time
I love you for my life, you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over, remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you


*
Also, thanks to these folks for all the sweet recommendations to go see the show:
*
Jen Graves said, "...tonight's Artwalk, flowing with free, free wine should be attended by you and yours...What should not be missed: Ben Beres at Davidson, Joshua Weintraub at Traver, Claudia Valdes at Lawrimore, Gretchen Bennett and Joey Veltkamp at Fancy + Pants, Mike Simi at 4Culture, After-Sought at SOIL..."
*
And Betsey Brock said, "Gretchen Bennett and Joey Veltkamp are two of Seattle’s finest. By that, I do not mean they are cops. They are talented artists with generous spirits. I can’t wait to see what kind of magic they spin together."
*
You can't ask for anything nicer than that!!
*
If you're in Seattle tonight, you won't want to miss +room-room.
*
And if you're in the southend, please don't forget about Amy Johnson's new installation opening tonight!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Aww! My dad really liked Leon Russell. Thanks for posting those song lyrics. Made me tear up a little. =)