Friday, January 30, 2009

Polish Home Dom Polski

Did you know that there's a Polish club on 18th that you can eat at? Welcome to the Polish Home. I'm always amazed when I find out about these really interesting places that I've walked by forever and never even noticed.

It's in the midst of a remodel. I certainly never thought it was a club you could visit (they have day memberships so you can eat/drink in the bar). It's rumored that Jimi Hendrix's first public performance was in this hall.

I had the Polish Platter with a cabbage roll, sausage, potatoes, sauerkraut, beets and pierogis. Washed down with a tasty Polish beer. They also had items like pork tenderloin and pork hock.

Our friend, Yann, is in town and being half-Polish, we figured we'd take him to dinner here for his birthday. Dave found out about the place on his iPhone app. that locates restaurants near you.

Afterwards, me, Yann, Dave and Brian all walked down to 15th for a drink. Everything was packed (and by everything, I mean Smith), so we ended up at Liberty. You know those nights where you just randomly meet new people out having a good time? Well, this wasn't one of them. This was the type where REALLY drunk, loud girls crash your table, spill your drinks and say weird things. There's a reason I'm usually home by 9pm. I'm such a grandpa.

1 comment:

TROY GUA said...

So it was yummy? Our Polish friend Agnieszka goes there quite often. I've been wanting to try it, but, seeing the wife is a veggie, I kinda figure it's not gonna please everyone. And by everyone I mean her...and veggies.