Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1/6/2009


Brick Chicken at Smith

Today was my birthday. Since I'm having a self-congratulatory shindig this weekend, I wanted to keep tonight mellow and I just headed over to Smith with a couple of friends.
*
Yes, the new brick chicken and steak/polenta are delicious! Gawd, I mean delicious!
*

Fleur de Sel cupcake carnage

But what turned the table into a bunch of screaming 5 year olds was the appetizer that Jody and Kelly brought. Presenting Fleur de Sel, the newest cupcake from Cupcake Royale. In fact, tonight was the world premiere. Rumor has it that they might be at my party this Saturday (please Jody!) Other than that, look for them at CR in the next couple of weeks. Yeah, we all love Fran's Salt Caramels. Sure Molly Moon's Salted Caramel ice cream makes us salivate. But my love for this delicious new flavor can't be overstated: it was the best cupcake I've ever had! I'm not a big chocolate fan but I don't think that frosting would taste any better on a vanilla cake. It's the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Argh, my first regret of 2009? Sharing that lone cupcake with the table!




*
Thanks for a great evening, folks! xo

2 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you had a great time with great people. I want one of those cupcakes YUMMM!

Amy Jo said...

Oh, gawd. Salty chocolate cupcakes. Looks like I picked the wrong time to give up wheat. This will be my first indulgence when I fall off the wagon. You and I know that prob won't take too long.