Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving (revisited)


Pyramid Formation
*
My friend Jody posted pics from Turkey Bowl 2008 (and I swiped them)! I can't imagine a better way to Thanksgiving than this annual tradition. It starts out with a football game. After an hour or two, we head over to Jody and Kelly's. Since they are with child this year, they got smart and said, "It's casserole time, folks!" and we started a new tradition that I expect will carry on. Who doesn't love a potluck with casseroles (many involving Cream of Mushroom soup)?
*

*
IF Dave and I were a couple and IF we had a kid, wouldn't this be the best family picture ever? I'll tell you what, that kid Sam is about the best baby I've ever met! So calm, so happy, so engaged.
*

*
Folks were not kidding with this year's new trashy casserole/sidedish contest. Tammi (and Sandy) spent 24 hours creating this seven layer spectacle of Jell-o. It was honestly one of the prettiest things I've ever seen.

No comments: