Monday, December 1, 2008

Cypher


image via Charles Peterson

Photograhper Charles Peterson has a new book out called Cypher. Cypher documents the breakdancing movement which started in the 80s and is still thriving. I ran into Charles at a friend's house for dinner this weekend and got to chat with him about being a photographer and his books.



I'm a huge fan of Charles and his photos. I moved to Seattle in 1996, well after the grunge years. It's fascinating to go back and look at his pictures of the time. If you missed it, too, you should pick up "Touch Me I'm Sick" by Peterson. If you're on the hill, you can pick up either at Bailey Coy! Buy local this holiday season.
*
His next project will probably be a book of portraits. I'm a huge fan of portraiture so I can't wait to see what he puts out next!

No comments: