Wednesday, November 12, 2008

prop 8 (and prop 102, amendment 2, A.A.B.)


Date: Saturday, November 15, 2008
Time: 10:30am - 4:30pm
Start: Volunteer Park / End: Westlake Center

There have been protests all across the country this past week after the passing of Prop 8 in California (and similar/more restrictive bills in Arkansas, Florida and Arizona).
"As a community, we have to admit to the fact that we are polarized in various
ways. Honestly, I’m not sure what community isn’t and I believe that our
polarization is proof to our humanity - we are no different than anyone else,
regardless of color, creed, or sexual orientation. Still, our polarization has
hindered us from mobilizing as one strong voice. ..." via join the impact
I have lots of straight friends talking about the protest but for some reason, many of my gay friends haven't even heard about it. Odd. So if you haven't heard about it, here are the details. I'll be there. With lots of friends.

No comments: